When it comes to groups in WhatsApp, they are fun, keeps you updated and sometimes leave you irritated. Nowadays you may even find it difficult to find contacts among the chats since there is more number of groups than individual chats. People create groups even for small matters, sometimes even when you don’t want to participate. It is a bit annoying when people add you to WhatsApp groups which don’t have anything to do with you. If they are your friends, they will be keep on adding you to the group no matter how many time you have left the group. So the popular question here is how to exit from WhatsApp group permanently without other members adding you back again?
The usual thing people do is to mute the group for maximum time period allowed (1 year). This will not give any notification for you for any activity on that particular group. This is not a permanent solution since you will always find the green bubble on the group’s chats you’ve muted and you will eventually end up opening it. I know you are not here for the mute option which you should already aware of.
You don’t have to search the whole internet to find a solution anymore
WhatsApp has released a new set of features as of May 2018, which are available for both iOS and Android. Here’s a brief description of the new features
- Group description: This feature can be beneficial to new members. A short description of the group is available besides the info allows the group admins to set the purpose of the group, guidelines etc.
- Admin controls: Admins of groups now can control which all members can change the group icon, subject, and description.
- Group catchup: If someone has mentioned you during the chat and you find it difficult to scroll through the chat, a new @ icon is added at the bottom of the chat.
- Search members: You can search members from the group information page
- Admins can remove permissions of other admins. Group members can no longer remove the person who has actually started the group
And here’s the one that you have been waiting for:
We’ve also introduced protection so users can’t be repeatedly added to groups they’ve left.
The last one will be the coolest thing for most users since most of us are rather members of the grouper rather than admins. Surely this new feature is going to make a lot of people happy. Even I’m a victim of this issue and wanted to get a solution very badly.
Now all you want to do to trash every annoying group is to just update your WhatsApp to the latest version.