Tablet size mobile phones are getting popular day by day and Galaxy note series is a fair example of such devices (often called as phablet). The 8-inch Galaxy Note 8 is one of its kind which is comfortable to hold in one hand in portrait with 210.8 x 135.9 x 8 mm (8.30 x 5.35 x 0.31 in) dimensions. This high-end android device has good size for pen input and it has a pressure-sensitive pen gives you an experience like drawing on paper in real life. As Samsung releases wide range of smartphones in short intervals, it reveals the policy of this company to produce devices to met wide range of user requirements. Before getting into the advantages and disadvantages of the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8, let’s check some of its design features and specifications in short.
Features and specifications of Galaxy Note 8:
- 1.6GHz Exynos Quad 4 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4+5 GHz WiFi and WiFi direct.
- 8 inch screen with 1280 x 800 resolution.
- S pen (It is an input tool that provides a similar feel to an actual pen by detecting the pressure applied on the screen with great accuracy.)
- CMOS, 5MP front camera and 1.3 MP CMOS front camera.
- 4600mAh battery capacity.
- Full HD (1080p) Video Playback
- 16 GB internal memory*
The above device configuration details pictures a smooth performer smartphone with giant screen and super modern touch technology. But before you buying this product, these are the pros and cons of this Android, 4.1.2 device so you can take you’r decision more confidently.
- Appropriate size for pen input
- Fast and smooth performance
- Split screen multitasking (for note-taking)
- S pen technology (Pressure-sensitive)
- Higher screen size demands better screen resolution
- Specification tells 16 GB internal storage but actually usable shrinks to 9.7 GB
- Little slippery back cover.
- Expensive device – £282.50