Often we need windows 7 installation disks so that we can repair or re-install the present Windows installation using the DVD. Example of such a situation is when you’ve already purchased the Windows 7 but you haven’t the disk. In this case you want to download the ISO image of Windows 7 and copy it over a USB flash drive or to a DVD.
In-order to create a bootable windows 7 disk you have to use a tool like Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool. The advantage of creating bootable OS installation disk is that it allows you to install Windows 7 without having too boot first into an OS and running the setup from there. If you own a bootable installation DVD, you could start installation of Windows 7 directly by booting from the DVD and starting the setup.
If you already have the downloaded Windows 7 ISO file, follow these steps to create a bootable USBor DVD from the file.
- Download Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool
- Install the tool by running the setup and following the onscreen instructions. (The download tool requires the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 or higher)
- Open the tool
- A box appears – you can browse for the Windows 7 ISO file that you’ve downloaded by clicking the browse button. After choosing the file, Click Next.
- The next thing you want to do is to choose either USB or DVD so the image file will be written to according to your choice.
- In case you want to create a bootable DVD, insert a DVD disk into the DVD writer and press Burn. Other wise Plug-in the USB drive/ pendrive and Click Begin Copying.
- This will take a few minutes and when you’re done the DVD / USB drive will consist a bootable image of Windows 7 which can be used to re-install your installation.