There are many mods of Android are available for Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-5830 smartphone. But when it comes to Galaxy Ace GT-5830i which is different and newer than GT-5830, it’s hard to find a good bug free Custom ROM firmware. I’ve tried a few like JellyBlast ROM for GT-5830i but it doesn’t work properly. After a through search I found this one working quite good on this i version of ace. CyanogenMod 7.2 (Gingerbread 2.3.7) is available for GT-5830i with minor bugs but quite a decent packed OS.
This article let you help installing the CyanogenMod 7.2 for Galaxy ace i (S5830i, S5839i, S5830M, s5830C) devices also called cooperve.
Bugs/Whats not working?.
- Flash on camera
- Offline charging – the p[hone will freeze when you connect your charger when its off.
How to flash Samsung Galaxy GT-5830i to CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM
NOTE: Things that you’re going to do may damage your mobile phone. Do it carefully or handover it to an experienced person.
You’ve to download these files. (Assume that your device has already rooted)
- ClockWorkMod for GT-5830i download from here. (ClockWorkRec5830i.zip)
- CM7 Basic kernel from here. (cm7_ramdisk_totoro-master.zip)
- CM 7.2 ROM from here. (CM7_cooperve_RC_03_RFS.zip)
- Google Apps from here. (gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip)
After downloading the above listed files follow these instructions below:
- Copy all the downloaded files to your phone’s SD card
- Switch off your phone
- Reboot to recovery mode by long pressing VOLUME UP + HOME + POWER buttons.
- Scroll using volume rockers and press Apply update from SD card. Select ClockWorkRec5830i.zip and install.
- On CWM, make 3 wipes – wipe data/reset , wipe cache partition, Advanced > Wipe Dalvik cache.
- on CWM, from mounts and storage, mount/system.
- Select install zip from sd > Choose zip drom SD card > select (cm7_ramdisk_totoro-master.zip and press YES.
- After doing this, Now, without rebooting, elect install zip from sd > Choose zip drom SD card > select CM7_cooperve_RC_03_RFS.zip and choose YES.
- In the same way flash Google apps – gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip .
- Reboot your phone.
Just follow these instructions carefully or watch this video for better understanding.