The introduction of Aakash tablet was a revolutionary move from the Indian Government in the previous year. But this low cost android tablet got lot of criticisms about its functionality. The low end specifications made it lag and screen resolution and touch sensitivity was not up-to mark. Anyway the Indian government has announced the next edition of Aakash tablet with more competing specifications than the previously released Ubislate 7. The Aakash Tab 4 primarily aims at school children and college students among India as an affordable tablet option.
The previous edition of this budget tablet was manufactured and distributed by a company called datawind. But this time the Government has decided to handover these task among multiple vendors and manufacturers.
Few important specifications of Aakash Tablet 4
- This tablet is expected to run the Google’s Android jelly Bean version 4.2
- 7” LCD display with at least 800×480 resolutions, capacitive touch with a minimum capability of five simultaneous touches
- Hardware accelerator for playing true HD720p videos with at least 30fps
- Minimum of 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- External Storage upto 32 GB via microSD card
- 4GB internal flash memory
- WiFi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth version 2.1 or better
- Data functionality with external 2G or 3G or 4G dongle
The complete specifications and hardware requirements of Aakash 4 for the stakeholders was published on to the website of ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
The approximate price of this tablet would be roughly around 3-4K. The actual project will take some months to go live and Government needs to make it sure that the tablet worth it price whether it made by Datawind or some other company.